The Neurological Department provides specialized medical care to the adult population in the field of ‘Neurology’ in stationary conditions.
The department provides primary and differential diagnostics of neurological diseases, treatment of patients with acute and chronic diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system, as well as rehabilitation treatment after acute neurological conditions and chronic diseases of the nervous system.
- – cerebrovascular diseases, including chronic disorders of cerebral and spinal circulation, consequences of acute disorders of cerebral circulation;
- consequences of toxic lesions of the nervous system;
- diseases of the spine and various neurological syndromes associated with it (osteochondrosis, radiculopathy);
- parkinsonism, Parkinson’s syndrome;
- hereditary degenerative diseases of the nervous system;
- polyneuropathy of various etiologies;
- neuroses and neurosis-like states;
- headaches, migraine, dizziness;
- neuralgia of various origins;
- memory impairment;
- sleep disorders;
- speech disorders of various etiologies (consequences of strokes, injuries, stressful situations);
- multiple sclerosis;
- epilepsy, paroxysmal disturbances of consciousness;
- hypothalamic (diencephalic) syndrome;
- vegetative dystonia;
- syncopal (fainting) states.
Diagnostic methods used in the department:
- X-ray diagnostics.
- Doppler ultrasound of brachiocephalic vessels, incl. transcranial dopplerography.
- Clinical and biochemical study of blood and other biological fluids.
Methods of treatment and rehabilitation used in the department:
- Drug therapy (drip, intravenous, intramuscular, subcutaneous administration of drugs, tablets).
- Various types of physiotherapy treatment.
Appointment / consultation
- by calling the registration desk of the Clinic of the FSBSI ‘IEM’ (812) 235-
02-92 on weekdays from 9 to 16.00;
- by phone of a single appointment with doctors of medical departments of the
FSBSI ‘IEM’ (812) 454-69-00;
- with a personal appeal to the registry of the Clinic of the FSBSI ‘IEM’ on
weekdays from 9 to 16 at the address: 13, Maly Prospekt of Petrograd
Side, St. Petersburg.
Specialists of the department
Psychiatrist, neurologist of the Department of Neurology
High level certificate physician
High level certificate Neurologist