The main aim of the laboratory is clinical laboratory diagnostics of diseases in patients who applied for medical help to the Clinic of the Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution ‘IEM’.
Laboratory tests for the patients of the Clinic are performed according to the prescription of the attending physician.
Patients wishing to conduct laboratory tests on their own initiative can do this on a contractual basis.
The main directions of laboratory diagnostics:
- biochemical studies (lipid spectrum, electrolytes, specific proteins, indicators of heart, liver and kidney function);
- diagnosis of diabetes mellitus (glycosylated hemoglobin, daily fluctuations in glucose, glucose tolerance test);
- study of lipid metabolism disorders (full lipid spectrum with definition of HDL and LDL);
- hemorenal Rehberg test or calculation of creatinine clearance;
- hematological examinations;
- indicators of coagulation hemostasis, bleeding time and blood coagulation;
- determination of the level of hormones and tumor markers;
- screening test for hepatitis, syphilis and HIV;
- general clinical research (urine, cerebrospinal fluid).
The laboratory research assistants are highly qualified specialists in the field of clinical laboratory diagnostics. The equipment available in the laboratory and the latest technologies ensure are of a high level of research quality that meets international standards.
Blood sampling for laboratory research is carried out in disposable vacuum systems.
It is necessary to adhere to the recommendations: Rules for preparing for diagnostic tests during preparing for the delivery of tests and when collecting biomaterial for research.
Appointment / consultation
- by calling the registration desk of the Clinic of the FGBNU ‘IEM’ (812) 235-02-92 on weekdays from 9.00 to 16.00;
- by phone of a single appointment with doctors of the Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution ‘IEM’ (812) 454-69-00;
- with a personal appeal to the registry of the Clinic of the Federal State Budgetary Scientific Institution ‘IEM’ on weekdays from 9.00 to 16.00 at the address: St. Petersburg, Maly Prospekt Petrogradskaya Storona, 13.
You can also leave a request on the website and you will be contacted to clarify the necessary information, select a specialist and the time of appointment.