Rehabilitation after spine and spinal cord injury.
Injury of the spine and spinal cord leads to severe disability, impaired motor functions, urination and pain syndrome.
Rehabilitation therapy includes treatment and prevention of pain syndrome, spasticity, exercise therapy, massage, classes with a psychotherapist. One of the most important components are consultations of a neurologist, orthopedist, cardiologist, urologist, implementation of their recommendations, selection of correct therapy for the prevention of thromboembolic complications.
An integrated approach to the management of patients with spinal and spinal cord injuries can improve their quality of life and significantly reduce movement disorders.
The rehabilitation program for patients after spinal and spinal cord injuries, developed in the Department of Anesthesiology, Intensive Care and Intensive Care of the Clinic of the Institute of Experimental Medicine, includes:
- complex examination with an assessment of the functional state of the central nervous system, cardiovascular system, musculoskeletal system;
- caring for bed-bound patients;
- selection of preventive therapy for thromboembolic complications;
- development of a physical rehabilitation program;
- treatment and prevention of pressure ulcers;
- the fight against impairment of nutritional status, the development of an algorithm for adequate nutrition (standard, tube, parenteral, etc.);
- treatment of pelvic disorders;
- physiotherapy treatments;
- psychological support, if necessary, drug correction;
- dynamic medical supervision.
Hospitalization to the the IEM Clinic is carried out with accommodation in standard wards of departments or in intensive care and intensive care wards, or in wards of superior comfort.
We accept for the treatment and rehabilitation of patients with the consequences of injuries and diseases of the spine and spinal cord:
- Condition after surgical interventions on the spine and spinal cord (in the absence of purulent-septic complications).
- Condition after removal of herniated intervertebral discs.
- Condition after spinal fractures and traumatic spinal cord injury of any severity and duration.
- Condition after removal of spinal cord tumors.
- Consequences of vascular pathology of the brain and spinal cord (CVA, TIA, the state of the ambassador of surgical interventions).
- Spinal stenosis of any location.
- Polyradiculoneuropathies with movement disorders.
- Long-term persistent pain syndrome.
- Pelvic disorders of any duration.
- Condition after suffering an inflammatory disease of the spine and spinal cord.
Hospitalization is carried out under compulsory medical insurance or on a paid basis. The cost of hospitalization is determined after an initial full-time or part-time (by e-mail) consultation of the patient.
The programs were developed by leading specialists of the Institute of Experimental Medicine, doctors and candidates of medical sciences, research assistants of the departments of medical institutes of St. Petersburg.
Inquiries and registration for the initial consultation:
Tel.: 8 (812) 230-92-65
Make an appointment by phone: 8 (812) 454-69-00 from 9:00 to 17:00.