Stroke is a serious disease associated with damage of the brain’s vessels. It is associated with high disability and a decrease in the quality of life. Lack of prevention leads to repeated strokes.
Rehabilitation therapy for stroke includes not only physiotherapy exercises, massage, classes with a speech therapist, psychotherapist, but also the prevention of recurrent illness. One of the most important components are consultations of a neurologist, cardiologist, endocrinologist and the implementation of their recommendations.
An integrated approach to the management of stroke patients can improve the quality of life, memory, significantly reduce speech and movement disorders, and the risk of recurrent stroke.
The rehabilitation program for patients after a stroke is carried out in the Department of Anesthesiology, Reanimation and Intensive Care of the Clinic of the Institute of Experimental Medicine and includes:
- comprehensive examination with an assessment of the functional state of the central nervous system, cardiovascular, endocrine systems;
- development of a physical rehabilitation program;
- physiotherapy treatments;
- psychological support or drug correction( if it is necessary);
- care for seriously ill patients, tube and parenteral nutrition;
- dynamic medical supervision.
The program includes hospitalization to the IEM Clinic with accommodation in standard wards of departments or in intensive care and intensive care wards, or in superior wards.
We accept for the treatment and rehabilitation of patients with the following pathologies:
- Consequences of vascular diseases of the brain (ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke, acute or chronic disorders of cerebral circulation);
- Conditions after surgery for brain tumors;
- Consequences of traumatic brain injury;
- Residual effects of postponed inflammatory diseases;
- Patients with motor impairments of varying degrees;
- Patients with aphotic disorders;
- Patients with dementia of varying severity.
Hospitalization is carried out under compulsory medical insurance or on a paid basis. The cost of hospitalization is determined after an initial full-time or part-time (by e-mail) consultation of the patient.
The programs were developed by leading specialists of the Institute of Experimental Medicine, doctors and candidates of medical sciences, research assistants of the departments of medical institutes of St. Petersburg.
Inquiries and registration for the initial consultation:
Tel .: 8 (812) 230-92-65
Make an appointment by phone: 8 (812) 454-69-00 from 9:00 to 17:00.